Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 12 of our new lives


Our lives changed 12 days ago today.

I can't believe that it has already been 12 days since Parker was born- I am loving being a mom so much- I really do believe that I am supposed to be at this stage of my life right now. God has prepared us as a couple and individually as well. Kyle is an absolutely amazing dad already- he has been so helpful and I have nicknamed him "the baby whisperer" because his natural instincts with Parker are outstanding! I keep telling him that I never would have thought that I could love Kyle anymore than I already had but now that I see him with Parker that love has grown so much that I am astounded. We really didn't set ourselves up to have any expectations of life with a new baby other than that you just don't know what it will be like until he is here. I think that that helped because it has made our transition go so smoothly and it has been very low stress (yay!). Parker has already had a ton of visitors in his short time here. My sister, Erika came from Florida to visit for a few days, my friend Traci came from Seattle, not to mention just about every other family member and friend that we know- he is so loved already and that makes us so happy. He is sleeping and eating well. He gets up just about every 2 hours or so to nurse and get a diaper change (or two, since he really likes to pee without a diaper on) then its back to bed until the next round.

He already has such a great little personality and presence- he smiles and makes the cutest little faces and noises.. I can't believe that we are finally parents and that Parker is here- We already love him so much and can't thank God enough for our little miracle.

2 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

I'm so glad the 3 of you are doing so good...enjoy it!

Andrea said...

Beautiful boy! I am so happy for you guys. Can we stop by this weekend?