Monday, December 1, 2008

This is actually happening!

To say todays appointment was progressive is an understatement- I was a bit worried when I got a phone call one hour before our appointment letting us know that my preferred OB is out with the flu that this day was going to stink. On the bright side, we still got to go in today just a few hours later, at a different office and with a doc that I have seen once before. They did the normal checkup stuff and due to the healthy size of the baby, the fact that my swelling is still an issue and that my blood pressure is kinda high (I forget what it was)- they want to induce us- TOMORROW MORNING!! Yep- so we will be officially heading to the hospital at 7am to get things going. I am dialated to about 1 1/2 and 75% effaced so they think things should go pretty smoothly. This is really happening. We went to dinner at our friends tonight, Chandra and Brians, as we had already planned, which has helped move the night along since we are definately prepared for this and it may just be impossible to sleep tonight- think of Christmas Eve times 100!! They say it will take 2-3 hours for the Pitosin to kick in, then labor starts (directly followed by an epidural) and hopefully be tomorrow evening we will meet our new baby! I promise I will get some pics and a new blog up telling all about how things go- keep us in your prayers!!

No comments: