Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Month of May

Wow, Apparently my blog is now a once a month thing instead of once a day- sorry!
Life hasn't slowed down at the Lewis house this month. I had a great first Mother's Day- We had family over for dinner and I was given some great gifts from my boys: from Parker, 3 pots full of flowers and from Kyle, a gift certificate to the Brick House massage and Coffee house- yay! My toes and back are in severe need of some attention! Kyle has been barbecuing up a storm already and I have a feeling we better start eating more chicken and less steak or people are going to start asking me if I am pregnant again. Unfortunately, Kyle is a rediculously good cook and I might just have to accept my muffin top-eh, could be worse! Speaking of chubby people...Parker has become quite the little much mouth- he is getting kinda rolley and I love his little "rubber band wrists" that he has gotten. He has been rolling over, and sitting up all by himself. He still hates tummy time and I have a feeling that he will be a "scooter" instead of a crawler. I cannot get over how amazing he is! I feel like he is learning and developing so much, so fast- can you believe that he is almost 6 months old already?! I can't! My sister, Monika has been asking us when she could have Parker over for the night since he was born and finally got the chance last weekend. It was so nice to go out on a date with the hubby. We went downtown and walked around Riverfront Park then we went to "Rain" and had drinks and appetizers and just talked. After that, we did a little shopping and Kyle spoiled me with some very needed new Puma tennies. Then we headed to Downriver grill for dinner and some wine and ended the night with a late night walk with the dogs. I love hanging out with my best friend and I feel so blessed to have family that loves to hang out with Parker- and that he is really such an easygoing baby! Monika and Dan took great care of him and we picked him up after going out to breakfast the next day. We really need to do that more often- it was a great break!
I really will try to get blogging more often again- I think it will be easier on me in the long run because these long updates are kinda much- sorry! Hope everyone is enjoying all this amazing weather!

PS-If any of you have some tips for me on how I might be able to get out and work in the yard more with a 6 month old bring it on- I need all the advice I can get- my yard is out of control!!!

1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

good for you for getting out for a date night!
for the lawn...I have to wait till nap time cause claire likes to eat nature, but with parker not mobile you should just put him on a blanket with some toys (but i'm sure you have tried that already)!