Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Birthday fun!

I had an amazing birthday this year!  I had to work on Friday (which was my actual birthday) and arrived to find that Kyle had left me a boquet of flowers and a balloon- he started my day off so nicely!  I usualy take my birthday off but I had a manager meeting that I had to go to so I had to this year.  It was actually fun working- my assistant manager, Elisabet hung up a fun banner so everyone knew what was going on that day and I got a lot of "Happy Birthdays" thrown my way and the tips were improved too...sweet!!  When I got home, Kyle had me open my gifts.  I can't remember the last time I actually asked for something specific for a gift and this year I have been a bit obsessed with this designer.  Her patterns are so fun, colorful and just pretty!  So I asked for a sewing machine (and Kyle got me one!)and now I can shop at this adorable shop and make way to may cute things for all my friends and family (I can dream, right?) ...just after I get over the intimidation factor that this thing has.  "Parker" got me a stinkin' adorable pair of these UGGS!  by the way, Kyle has said before that he hates Uggs so I know that I am loved :)  After gifts on Friday we went to dinner at Swingin' doors and, another surprise, my sister Monika and her husband Dan were there to eat with us.

 Saturday Kyle and I got up early and grabbed coffee and doughnuts and took Parker to Greenbluff.  This has become my birthday tradition and I intend on kepping it especially now that we have our own little family.  We got some adorable pictures of Parker, picked pumpkins and shopped in all the little craft booths. 

That night we took Parker to his first hockey game with us and Dan and Monika.  Parker had fun waving "Hi" to everyone and he really did watch all the hockey players fly around on the ice- we had fun chattting watching Parker and watching the game too.  Sunday we got to go to church together then run our usual day off errands followed by a bit of football.  My gift to myself was to take Monday off of work so after our crazy busy wekend we spent the day trying to clean the house and relax. 




I had such a great weekend and I am so appreciative to all our friends and family for the well wishes, cards and love.

1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Happy late birthday! Parker is getting so big (i love the pumpkin picture)! We should have a sewing day sometime soon. I just made a dress with an amy butler fabric!