Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Growing Boy..

I am probably due for an update post about Parker- He is getting so big, so fast! I love that he is starting to turn into this adorable little person- it's been so fun to watch. Sleeping has gotten so much better. Actually, we got the sleeping stuff going well about 2 weeks ago. We have gotten a nightly routine down pretty well and are starting to work out the daytime nap schedule which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be too hard to figure out. We get him in the bath at 8pm which he really likes- we really like giving him his bath too- he is just too cute in there! After his bath, he eats a good dinner then gets a clean diaper and a tight swaddle and its off to bed by 9. He has been sleeping for about 5 hours then wants to eat and get another clean diaper, and goes back down until around 6, then sleeps another few hours. He has had some rough nights with the good but I have a feeling that he is still just adjusting to his routine. Last night though, he slept from 9 until 4:30!! I wont count my chickens, but I am hoping that by the time I go back to work this will be consistant. I still feel like he's doing really well for 6 weeks old- we are so proud! He is starting to smile more, trying to hold on to his binky, is awake during the day more, holds his head up really well and looks around on his own and loves to snuggle. We just can't wait for what's to come!







3 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Yeah for sleep! CUTE pictures!

Andrea said...

I love the picture of Parker looking at Kyle from his bathtub! Adorable! We have a couple of those with Jackson and I love looking at them!!!

Rebekah said...

He's pretty stinkin' cute Jess..really..you and Kyle are so blessed!