Thursday, October 30, 2008

the big 2-8

Pumpkin belly!
Kyle's baby bump

I did in fact celebrate another birthday this year, maybe I haven't done a new blog about it because I may be in a bit of denial still.... but I am now officially 28. I think 28 is going to be a great one though- this is a defining time in my life and, believe it or not, I really have embraced it! It was a great birthday full of fun, family and food- all my faves! On my actual birthday, the 16th, I worked then after work Kyle and I got to go to Greenbluff to do our annual pumpkin pickin'- success as usual. This year the trip was cut a bit short due to fun pregnancy back pain so no apple picking this year but that's okay there's always next year! We did get some fresh honey, onions and of course, pumpkins so we didn't leave completely empty handed....shocker. It was a ton of fun and on the way home we swung by Babies R' Us so that I could check out the glider that Kyle picked out for me and to add a few things on our registry then headed home so that Kyle could get started on dinner. Those of you that know Kyle know that he loves to cook and not just food but dang-good-food and my birthday dinner was definately delicious! He made BBQ salmon, potatoes and crab and then we had turtle cheesecake for dessert-YUM! One of my other gifts from him were tickets to a Chiefs hockey game fro Friday (the next day) and dinner before at this restaurant called Scratch. It's new-ish and it was REALLY good! New fav-calamari from Scratch. Then to top off the b-day fun, we had a party at my Dads on Sunday night to celebrate mine (the 16th), Monika's boyfriend Dan's (the 16th), and my sister Becky's (the 22nd) birthdays together... it was a ton of fun and I really do like celebrating all of our birthdays together. This was a great birthday and I really am thankful for one more candle to blow out on the cake!

1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Cute pictures! Happy b-day again!