Sunday, February 8, 2009

The great escape


Last night we had a babysitter for the first time! My sister, Monika has been really wanting to watch Parker one on one pretty much since the day he was born. She finally got that chance yesterday when we went to Kyle's work Christmas party-yes, I do realise that it is February. We got to get dressed in clothes not covered in spit-up, I tried to fix my hair, and of course we were running a bit late so I had to do my make-up in the car (hence the not so cute picture of me, but it was the only one we had time to take). Parker did pretty well! He really loves Monika and her fiance, Dan and they did a great job with him. We left just after 6pm, Parker was pretty pooped out so he fell asleep by 8:30 but started to stir an hour later. They were so cute and didn't want him to be upset so they got him out of bed and cuddled with him until we got home at just after 10pm. He ate a little and zonked out and didn't wake up until 6:45 this morning!!

We had a nice time and it is great to know that he is in good and loving hands if we ever want another night out together.

2 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Yeah for date night! You guys sure make a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I really enjoy your blog. If it is OK, I would really love to come over and see you, Kyle and meet Parker. We would even bring dinner. Call me when you have time. 4749403
Aunty Tammy