Friday, February 6, 2009

One step at a time


I am so proud of Parker! Yesterday, I decided that it was time to get him out of the cradle and into his crib. I figured that now is the time to do it so that if any problems arose I wouldn't have to deal with getting ready for work at 4:30 am yet. So we had him take his first nap in the crib yesterday afternoon. It was a short one, only about 20 minutes long, but he did fall asleep in that time. I thought, "why stop there?" and made the decision to try to get him to sleep in it overnight. I have to admit, I think this was harder for me to do then him! I did in fact shed a few tears which could have been hormonally induced or I was just having a bit of separation anxiety. Either way, it really was harder for me. Parker seemed extra pooped out last night and so I started his nighttime routine a bit early and he was asleep by 8:45 and into the crib without a hitch. I expected to be up shortly after putting him down, just figuring that once he noticed that he wasn't in our room he would freak out. But when I woke up to a few not-so-freaked out cries at 5:23 this morning needless to say I was so proud that he slept for that long! I went ahead and fed him and pumped a bottle too- and now he is in his swing sleeping yet again. This may actually work!

His first nap in his crib



On another note, Parker is going to have a babysitter for the first time tomorrow night! We are going to Kyle's work Christmas party (yes, I know it's late) and my sister, Monika and her fiance, Dan are going to take care of the little one for the night. They are really excited and I think it will be nice to have a night out with the hubby. Wish us luck on this next step!

1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Yeah...good job momma! I felt the same way when claire moved up to her room...I checked on her like 5 times in the middle of the night just to make sure. It's definitely harder on us then on the baby.