Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Procrastination station



I have always been a bit of a procrastinator and today is no exception. I really should take advantage of the fact that Parker is napping and get some much needed sweeping and mopping done but the thought just makes me want to bury my head in the computer (doing it now) or reading a few chapters of "eclipse". Yeah, I go sucked into the twilight series and no, I don't go and read at the high school so I feel less nerdy for being into it. I am going to be going back to work in a couple weeks and I am starting to literally lose sleep worrying about how this is going to work out. How am I supposed to be a great and dedicated boss, mom and wife all at the same time?! This could take some finagling but I am determined to do it! Okay, onto something not so stressful...
We had a real date last night! We had my sister-in-law, Andrea babysit and got to go to a nice dinner at a new restaurant, Ambrosia, out in the valley. It was delicious! We had a glass of wine and talked then headed to Twiggs for dessert and a cocktail. We had planned on seeing a movie after that but decided that we would rather rent one, cozy on the couch and eat microwave popcorn. So, we picked up Parker and did just that. We had a great night- Kyle had also surprised me with some gorgeous diamond earrings after, of course, we said that we weren't doing gifts. Apparently, Kyle had already bought them so it didn't count, at least in his eyes :)
If you are on my Myspace or Facebook, you will see that we had some great pictures taken of Parker. I have been wanting to do this for a while and finally had my brother-in-law, Tim's fiance, Katie over to take them. She is a teacher and does this on the side and for never taking baby portraits, she did a fantastic job! It was a bit of a learning experience for all of us but was fun too. Parker only lasted about an hour before a meltdown happened but we did get some great shots. I would like to get more family portraits done soon. Ya know, one more thing! Okay, enough of the procrastinating, it's lunchtime now.

No comments: